No announcement yet.

2021-22 Coaches Shows with Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't have an idea if IB reads SN and this particular topic but if he does I
    gotta say this coach. I believe it's past time for accountability / measures to
    deal with the team's poor offense. How about jerking any player who makes
    a bonehead play, fails to block out, misses an easy pass for an assist while
    over dribbling, forces plays instead of passing, makes a stupid turnover that
    results in an easy basket, etc..........there has been NO accountability that I
    have noticed. Bottom line is I believe you have been way to soft on your players
    and your getting soft results on offense. KP has been one of your most solid
    mistake free fundamentally sound players. Very unselfish, rebounds, defends
    and sees the court. We are weak at PF. How about KP there 10-15 mpg and
    another ten at center?? This team needs more solid/smart play like KP has
    given and more bench time for players forcing the action while not seeing the
    court and their team mates.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Wouldn't have an idea if IB reads SN and this particular topic but if he does I
      gotta say this coach. I believe it's past time for accountability / measures to
      deal with the team's poor offense. How about jerking any player who makes
      a bonehead play, fails to block out, misses an easy pass for an assist while
      over dribbling, forces plays instead of passing, makes a stupid turnover that
      results in an easy basket, etc..........there has been NO accountability that I
      have noticed. Bottom line is I believe you have been way to soft on your players
      and your getting soft results on offense. KP has been one of your most solid
      mistake free fundamentally sound players. Very unselfish, rebounds, defends
      and sees the court. We are weak at PF. How about KP there 10-15 mpg and
      another ten at center?? This team needs more solid/smart play like KP has
      given and more bench time for players forcing the action while not seeing the
      court and their team mates.
      players coach

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

players coach
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

players coach
          Indeed...but with the "transfer portal" now so readily convenient it's become a "pick your poison" scenario for IB. Unless he has AAC type recruits lining up to replace transfers...how to manage this probably keeps him up at night.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Players wanna win but they also want to “play their game”. Catch 22

Comment

I would not want to be a college coach in today’s environment, regardless of pay.

Comment

While I don’t typically mind apologies, I’d rather not hear the “I want to apologize to the fans…” crap again.

Then again, imo, I think he’s over his head (and I think he’s beginning to realize it), I’m not sure he even knows what to say.

Comment

The radio show usually provided tons of valuable insight. The previous coach didn’t repeat a single sentence during his appearances.

Not gonna be much to get from here except the typical Kennedy softballs, the excuses, and the apologies.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                    While I don’t typically mind apologies, I’d rather not hear the “I want to apologize to the fans…” crap again.

Then again, imo, I think he’s over his head (and I think he’s beginning to realize it), I’m not sure he even knows what to say.
                    My problem with this is that he is NOT without experience on the bench. Besides his own tenure under fHCGM, he's got Kennedy who has 35 years of college coaching with around 22 years as a head coach. Add to that Gudino's 23 years on the bench including his last year before WSU being with Jans.
                    There is a ton of knowledge and experience there to lean on. If he's not leaning and utilizing that experience, that's a totally different problem. There was no reason that 0-20 run should happen and the players and coaches should look long and hard about how they are going about "business". For me, it's beyond time for the team and coaches as a whole look at themselves in the mirror and all challenge themselves.

Comment

• How's MK going to spin this one tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        How's MK going to spin this one tonight?
                        They will talk about how great North Texas is. Book it. That was the excuse on the telecast.

Comment

• I think Coach Brown should be given time. He was put in a tough spot last year and did a pretty damn good job. I know a lot of you are upset about losses to KState and North Texas but those are pretty good teams that will probably be in the tournament. Losing the 6’ 10” back up center last summer really hurt us. He could have backed up Mo and then Kenny P could have concentrated on the power forward position. Coach Brown has made some good decisions. He isolated Ricky in the OSU game which gave us that win and also switched to a matchup zone in a earlier game which also ended with a win. Recruiting needs to improve for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

They will talk about how great North Texas is. Book it. That was the excuse on the telecast.
                            Yea, right. So good that they outscored us 20-0 over 8 1/2 minutes, but we outscored them 52-42 the other 31 1/2 minutes. Got it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                              I think Coach Brown should be given time. He was put in a tough spot last year and did a pretty damn good job. I know a lot of you are upset about losses to KState and North Texas but those are pretty good teams that will probably be in the tournament. Losing the 6’ 10” back up center last summer really hurt us. He could have backed up Mo and then Kenny P could have concentrated on the power forward position. Coach Brown has made some good decisions. He isolated Ricky in the OSU game which gave us that win and also switched to a matchup zone in a earlier game which also ended with a win. Recruiting needs to improve for sure.
                              I think the losses would be easier to take if the team was playing decent. I think most people are not as upset with the losses as they are with the horrible basketball that has been played. There is a big difference between just simply getting beat by a better team and giving the game away with poor shot selection and dumb mistakes. The offensive game plan (or lack thereof) falls squarely on the shoulders of the coach and there doesn't seem to be improvement from game to game.

Comment

• Originally posted by eeshocker View Post

I think the losses would be easier to take if the team was playing decent. I think most people are not as upset with the losses as they are with the horrible basketball that has been played. There is a big difference between just simply getting beat by a better team and giving the game away with poor shot selection and dumb mistakes. The offensive game plan (or lack thereof) falls squarely on the shoulders of the coach and there doesn't seem to be improvement from game to game.
                                And let's not pretend that there weren't a number of people on here that were also upset with how poorly we played in some of the wins too. The losses just make it worse, especially considering how bad we looked doing it. We've lacked discipline in nearly every game we've played this year. We've had a non existent offense in those games. We've had poor shot selection in those games. We've had questionable substitutions in those games. We've lacked accountability in those games.

Surprisingly, we've managed to win most of those games because we were playing poor teams. Yes, we've had a few flashes of what maybe could be at times, but we have a lot more evidence of who we currently are and nobody should be satisfied with that.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X